We feel strongly that whilst we are a small business, we have a significant part to play in animal welfare and are committed to making a difference in the countries that we operate to and within. We endeavour to send a clear message to all of our suppliers that only an ethical attitude towards animals is acceptable.
We pledge to only seek, support and organise experiences involving animals where animals are not distressed, mistreated or suffering and/or where a positive contribution towards conservation and the environment is evident.
We believe all animals deserve to live a happy life, recognised through 5 universally accepted principles:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom from discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease
- Freedom to express normal behaviour
- Freedom from fear and distress
Helping to protect Cuba’s wildlife, nature, beaches, cities and countryside is hugely important to us and we actively encourage our customers, colleagues, agents and suppliers to do the same. We remain committed to continually improving our working practices and policies where animals are involved and do openly welcome from our customers any feedback related to animal welfare in Cuba, which is greatly appreciated.
The Hovis Travel Group pledge to:
- Continue to develop our Animal Welfare Policy
- Review our animal experiences regularly
- Closely follow ABTA’s Global Welfare Guidance for Animals in Tourism and World Animal Protection’s guide to animal welfare
- Remove any excursions or experiences from our programmes which fail to meet criteria
- Promote ethical animal experiences and awareness amongst our customers, colleagues, agents and suppliers
Swimming with Dolphins
The Hovis Travel Group Ltd., UK plus French and Spanish offices no longer promote, support or sell dolphin excursions in Cuba. For those interested in learning more about captive dolphins please click here